Saturday, 7 January 2012
If A Movie Is Your First Date
It’s always hard to decide what to do for the first date with someone. You don’t want to take her to mini-putt if her grandfather recently had a heart attack on the golf course, for example, even though mini-putt is awesome fun. A great sure-fire first date is the movie date. By that, I mean going out to the cinema to see a movie rather than renting a movie. Renting a movie is a good date idea when things are about to get physical, but this is about the first date.
Primarily, the movie date is great because the responsibility of maintaining conversation is significantly reduced, and you’re free to just be near each other. You can use your peripherals to check her out and her reactions without staring. Plus, when the movie is over, it’ll give you a chance to talk about the film, if nothing else is coming to mind. The worse the movie is, the better, in a way, because you can both mock it into the wee hours of the night.
Once you are at the movie, your next problem is what to buy for treats. A movie stalwart is popcorn, but is that the best choice? It has the advantage of being inexpensive, but the disadvantage is the propensity for it to stick in your teeth. Also, if your date wears dentures, then popcorn is a no-no. Consider chocolate candy like M&M's. Most women and most men like chocolate. For drinks, try to stay away from anything that is gassy or fizzy like soda pop because they will make you belch and that is not going to leave a favorable lasting impression. Most theaters will offer various types of non-carbonated beverages. One favorite is iced tea. No matter what your final decision is, remember that if you intend to also go out after the movie, then you might want to limit your eating while at the theater.
There are obviously movies that will put her in a romantic mood, and maximize your chances at first base. The first thing you should do is to ask her what she likes, and go from there. Scary movies are good, but not gory movies. You want her jumping and grabbing you, not vomiting into the licorice bag.
Three examples of good first date movies would have been:
1. Comedy –Adam Sandler has an amazing ability to pull off comedy with romantic interest in most of his movies.
2. Drama – Anything with Meryl Streep is a winner by and large.
3. Romance – Princess bride – The perfect first date movie. Got me my first boob squeeze in the back of a theatre to this film.
That being said, here are some examples of first date movies that would classify as a bad idea:
Stay away from movies involving tragedy! These would be examples of BAD choices:
1. Holocaust Movies – The Diary of Anne Frank would be horrible for a first date.
2. Sob Stories – Million Dollar Baby – Eastwood and Swank did an amazing job in this movie. I loved it. It is exactly what not to take a date on, as it only ends in sadness.
3. Adventure Movies – Most Bruce Willis adventure movies are just plain bad choices for a first date. Too much blood, guts and gore for the most part.
What ever you do, stay away from Porn!
Good luck! And god willing, she’ll act like Alanis Morrisette did in the theatre 
For more great advice, check out this link:
Relationship Advice For Men