Friday, 23 September 2011
Good First Date Movies
Going on a movie for a first date is almost a no-brainer. It will not put you into any dreamy romantic category as the guy who gave me the coolest and most unique date ever, but on the other hand, it is sort of expected, and usually a pretty safe bet. Certainly it is less stressful to you than say – asking her to go sky diving, or zip lining, or some other off the wall thing.
The worst thing about a movie date can also be it's best thing. It is hard to talk during a movie. In fact it is frowned upon. So that is bad. On the other hand, it gives you both a chance to get used to being around each other without a lot of pressure on anyone's part to keep the conversation flowing. So that is good. The movie itself will help to stimulate conversation after the movie is over, and give you something to do before you take her home. The worse the movie is, the better, in a way, because you can both mock it into the wee hours of the night.
Next consideration is what to get for treats. I recommend a shared popcorn bag. It establishes immediate intimacy, in that you’re sharing food. Plus, you might end up going for popcorn at the same time, and inadvertently end up with your first handhold. I recommend coffee rather than pop, because it means less belching. However, you now have coffee breath, so you’ll also need mints. Stay away from the hot dogs and nachos- they WILL make you fart.
There are obviously movies that will put her in a romantic mood, and maximize your chances at first base. The first thing you should do is to ask her what she likes, and go from there. Scary movies are good, but not gory movies. You want her jumping and grabbing you, not vomiting into the licorice bag.
Three examples of good first date movies would have been:
1. Comedy –Adam Sandler has an amazing ability to pull off comedy with romantic interest in most of his movies.
2. Drama – Some of the Victor Hugo classics like Les Miserables, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, or Tale of Two Cities. I do not know how he does it, but the movies always seem to have an optimistic and upbeat ending, even while the subject matter is based on tragedy and misery by and large.
3. Romance – Princess bride – The perfect first date movie. Got me my first boob squeeze in the back of a theatre to this film.
That being said, here are some examples of first date movies that would classify as a bad idea:
Stay away from movies involving tragedy! These would be examples of BAD choices:
1. Holocaust Movies – Schindler’s List – Nothing involving the holocaust, if possible. Human tragedy tends to fizzle make-out opportunities.
2. Sob Stories – Brian's Song – great movie – sucks for a first date though.
3. Adventure Movies – Spaghetti Western Series from Clint Eastwood – just bad choices overall, and he is too good looking. You would just diminish by comparison to him.
What ever you do, stay away from Porn!
Good luck! And god willing, she’ll act like Alanis Morrisette did in the theatre.
For more great advice, check out this link:
Relationship Advice For Men